Sony does know what they have, and to purposely not show this game this year, would be a stupid choice! Add that with the fact you can see one of the known trailers in this advert tells me we are definitely in for a good show as far as No Man's sky goes. See the video below.
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe.
The key words are exploration, and survival! There is a real game-y element to the game, and a reason to play it, with a kind of story/lore. Even though you may want to just explore, there are pirates and factions that want you dead, and do not want you to feel safe or be around at all!
NMS is a procedural game, but it is all permanent. Meaning the universe is all set in stone! It's the same for all of us, and we will all be in the same exact universe together.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- A SHARED UNIVERSE Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
- 65DAYSOFSTATIC SOUNDTRACK Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man's Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.